10 oz (283g)
Uganda (Sipi Falls), Single-Origin
In a historic Owlverick’s first, we crowdsourced on instagram the name of May’s Roaster’s Choice. You all voted for it and now it’s here…SUPER BLOOM!
Super Bloom is a delicious single-origin Ugandan coffee from the Sipi Falls region. With flavor notes of Orange Zest, Lavender, Caramel and Cacao Nibs, this Ugandan coffee is a terrific coffee for spring. Break out your Pour Over Kit or your french press, because this one makes a fruity and flowery cup true to it’s namesake, Super Bloom.
Sipi Falls, named after the mountain’s most famous waterfall just down the road, is a centralized wet mill located in the Kapchorwa district that buys and processes cherry from 8,000 organic and diversified farms across the northern part of the mountain. The sheer volume of quality coffee produced by this single wet mill is a testament to the truly ideal conditions of elevation, biological wealth, and human experience that abound between the farmers and Sipi Falls’ management team. Not to mention the ingenious business model itself, which, more than 20 years after its founding, continues to be a leader in affordable, certified coffee of the highest quality on the continent. The wet mill was Africa’s first certified organic producer, in 2002.
- Roast: Medium
- Flavor Profile:Orange Zest, Lavender, Caramel, Cacao Nibs
- Region: Uganda (Sipi Falls), Single Origin
- Altitude: 1800 – 2000 masl meters above sea level
- Grower: Producers organized around Sipi Falls Wet Mill
- Process: Fully washed and dried in the sun
- Soil: Volcanic loam
- Certification: Certified Organic and Rainforest Alliance
- Recommended Brew Method: Pour Over, Drip Machine, Cold Brew
Visit Instagram @Owlvericks for more details.